- 6-8 Farm eggs, organic and pasture raised
- Organic coconut milk
- ½ lb organic pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
- ½ lb organic bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1-2 green peppers, chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- Or, you can toss in any leftover veggies you might have (I’ve even used green beans!)
- 1 avocado, scooped out and sliced thin (optional)
- Salsa (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coconut oil or EVOO
Scramble the eggs in a large glass mixing bowl with ¼ cup of coconut milk until color evens out and eggs foam a bit. Heat a large pan and add 1-1.5 tsp oil. Swirl oil around pan and add peppers and onions. Cook, stirring often, until peppers begin to caramelize around the edges and the onions are transparent and beginning to caramelize. Set aside, and heat up clean pan for eggs. Add 1 tsp oil to pan and swirl. Add egg mixture. Let sit for a moment until the bottom firms up. Scramble a bit until eggs are about half-cooked. Add sausage, bacon, peppers and onions, and toss in pan until eggs are firm and evenly mixed with other ingredients.
Serve topped with salsa and sliced avocado. Depending on how hungry you and your partner are, this might make 2 meals and you can stash the leftovers in the fridge for a quick reheat later or the next day.