Here is the basic process:
Loading (or the Gorge) – While taking your .125 dose of hCG, you eat as high fat as possible, gorging to the point of nausea, for 2-3 days (a week if you are coming off a diet process such as Weight Watchers/Atkins/etc.). This will be hard. You *MUST* eat to capacity. This will stock up your fat cells, and both help you lose, and help to stave off hunger while on the VLCD (very low calorie diet) portion of the protocol. Dr. Simeons says: “Patients in a satisfactory general condition and those who have not just previously restricted their diet start forced feeding on the day of the first injection. Some patents say that they can no longer overeat because their stomach has shrunk after years of restrictions. While we know that no stomach ever shrinks, we compromise by insisting that they eat frequently of highly concentrated foods such as
- milk chocolate,
- pastries with whipped cream sugar,
- fried meats (particularly pork),
- eggs and bacon,
- bread with thick butter and jam, etc.
The time and trouble spent on pressing this point upon incredulous or reluctant patients is always amply rewarded afterwards by the complete absence of those difficulties which patients who have disregarded these instructions are liable to experience.”
Step 2: the VLCD (very low calorie diet) – while continuing the dose of hCG, continue on with the VLCD (below) until 40 injections/dosages days have been reached. Drink at *least* 3 liters of water per day. It is recommended while this is going on to take potassium (99 mg 3 times per day) to help with sleep, hunger and to stave off cramps, as your body will shed potassium with all the water. You may also wish to consider taking magnesium as well. L-glutamine will help with cravings for ‘comfort foods’ too. Do *NOT* stop taking your medications, check with your doctor for that.
Many people use Lifecaps(use the code ‘lifeline’ at checkout to save $10/bottle!!)to stave off hunger as well. If you use these, do not take more than 2 per day, and *always* take them away from food with at least a cup of water.
When 40 effective injections have been reached, stop taking hCG and stay on the VLCD for the next 72 hours, to allow the hCG to leave your system. When you take your last shot, record that weight, it is your goal for this round.
After 72 hours have passed, check our calculators to see your recommended caloric intake for your weight/height (at this time), and get the information for the Atkins Induction Diet and this will be your Phase 3 eating. No sugars or starches (which are carbs). You’ll not be able to eliminate them, but you *must* minimize them. This is critical to ensure a proper reset. Make sure you eat *enough*, the Number 1 reason people cannot reset in this part of the diet is by not eating enough!! Spend a couple days ramping up to your recommended calories. Your goal here is NOT TO LOSE, but to maintain your LIW within 2 lbs above or below, to reset your system to your new weight. Do this for minimum 3 weeks.
After 3 weeks of maintenance, you can start *carefully* adding in sugars and starches, remembering that you must stay within the 2lb limit above or below. Do this for 3 *more* weeks (minimum, and it lengthens depending on your round).
If you are not yet at your goal weight, do a second round, starting again at #1. Dr. S says: “Patients requiring the loss of more than 34 lbs. must have a second or even more courses. A second course can be started after an interval of not less than six weeks, though the pause can be more than six weeks. When a third, fourth or even fifth course is necessary, the interval between courses should be made progressively longer. Between a second and third course eight weeks should elapse, between a third and fourth course twelve weeks, between a fourth and fifth course twenty weeks and between a fifth and sixth course six months. In this way it is possible to bring about a weight reduction of 100 lbs. and more if required without the least hardship to the patient.”
Read below for the food lists and details of what and when to eat. Click ‘read more’ to see the entire article.
|Breakfast:||You may have tea or coffee in any quantity without sugar. Only one tablespoonful of milk allowed in 24 hours. Saccharin or Stevia may be used.|
|Lunch:||100 grams of veal, beef, chicken breast, fresh white fish, lobster, crab, or shrimp. All visible fat must be carefully removed before cooking, and the meat must be weighed raw. It must be boiled or grilled without additional fat. Salmon, eel, tuna, herring, dried or pickled fish are not allowed. The chicken breast must be removed from the bird.|
|One type of vegetable only (per meal) to be chosen from the following:
|Dinner :||The same four choices as lunch (above.)|
Drinks and Seasonings
- The juice of one lemon daily is allowed for all purposes.
- Salt, pepper, vinegar, mustard powder, garlic, sweet basil, parsley, thyme, majoram, and other spices (make sure they contain no sugar or starches), may be used for seasoning, but no oil, butter or dressing.
- Tea, coffee, plain water, or mineral water (2-3 liters of water per day *minimum* is recommended) are the only drinks allowed, but they may be taken in any quantity and at all times.
- The fruit or the breadstick may be eaten between meals instead of with lunch or dinner, but not more than than four items listed for lunch and dinner may be eaten at one meal.
- No medicines or cosmetics other than lipstick, eyebrow pencil and powder may be used without special permission. If you are on prescription medications, please check with your doctor before going off *any* medication!! NOTE: Many people do ok using their regular shampoos/conditioners and makeup, you’ll have to determine for yourself what works here. I used all my regular stuff, and used Bare Minerals makeup with no problem.
Portions and specially prepared unsweetened, low calorie foods
“In many countries specially prepared unsweetened and low Calorie foods are freely available, and some of these can be tentatively used… the total daily intake must not exceed 500 Calories if the best possible results are to be obtained, that the daily ration should contain 200 grams of fat-free protein and a very small amount of starch.” From Dr Simeon’s “Pounds and Inches.” Read the complete manuscript here
- The 500 calorie limit must always be maintained. You can be below, but must try to have *no more* than 500 calories.
- 2 small apples are not an acceptable exchange for “1 apple”. Two small apples may have more calories than 1 regular apple, so just use regular apples.
- You may use your apples and breadsticks as snacks if you wish (no food less than 2 hours before sleeping)
- Very occasionally egg is allowed – boiled, poached or raw – to patients who develop an aversion to meat, but in this case they must add the white of three eggs to the one they eat whole.
- Cottage cheese made from skimmed milk is ok, 100 grams may occasionally be used *instead* of the meat, not in addition to it.
Personal Care and Beauty Products on the hCG Diet:
- We do permit the use of lipstick, powder and such lotions as are entirely free of fatty substances. We also allow brilliantine to be used on the hair but it must not be rubbed into the scalp. Obviously sun-tan oil is prohibited.
- Aspirin and birth control are allowed on the hCG Diet.
- No massage of any kind is allowed during the protocol.